Project Manager R&D
We are looking for a Project Manager R&D to strengthen our research and development team. As a Project Manager, you are responsible for diverse projects in developing novel polymers and processes from innovative idea until transfer to manufacturing.
Responsibilities and Challenges
- Manage development projects on scope, deliverables, time and budget
- Supervise multidisciplinary project teams
- Coordinate efficient collaboration within the team, departments and external parties
- Primary liaison person with the customer for all project related matters
- Substantive intellectual role in exploring chemistries, evaluating experiments, interpreting data
- Supervise activities in the lab and provide hands-on support when occasionally needed
- Upscaling of lab syntheses to quality controlled manufacturing processes
- Primary contact with key suppliers for project-specific (equipment) items
- Complete technical files and documentation related to your projects
- Swift process transfer to manufacturing department
- Support Business Development in the acquisition of new commercial projects
- Curious and critical to each and every result
- Excellent analytical thinking ability
- Always driven in quickly finding the best fitting solutions
- Strong customer focus
- Enthusiastic leader, a source of inspiration for your project team
- Embrace teamwork and collaboration
- Self-critical and open to receive and provide transparent feedback in a respectful way
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing) and proficient in English
- PhD degree in organic/polymer chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experience in the industry: life sciences or chemistry (at least 5 years)
- Relevant experience in project management
- Strong affinity with quality, GxP experience is a plus
- Experience with polymers is preferred
PolyVation is a highly innovative company that develops and manufactures polymers customized for the innovators in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry. Medical device, biotech and pharmaceutical start-ups and leading companies around the world are our customers to make new world-class products.
We work in a modern and quality driven environment, laid out according to ISO 13485 and GMP (ICH Q7). Our R&D facilities and clean rooms are well equipped for all kinds of chemistries with state-of-the-art reactor lines ranging from a couple of liters to tens and hundred(s) of liters in size.
You will work in a team of professionals and in close collaboration with colleagues from the manufacturing, analytical and quality assurance department. We report in English and communicate in both Dutch and English.
Send your motivation and resumé (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to dr. Hans van der Aa (Manager R&D) with reference to 'PM 0622'. More information on the vacancy can be obtained by contacting Hans van der Aa using the contact form of this website.
project manager, project management, project leader, chemist, laboratory, lab, technician, R&D, research and development, GMP, polymer, chemistry, organic chemistry, chemical engineering, process engineering, tissue engineering, implants, drug delivery, drug carriers such as mRNA polyplexes and polymer-drug conjugates.
projectleider, chemicus, laboratorium, onderzoek, ontwikkeling, polymeer, polymeren, chemie, scheikunde, chemische technologie, procestechniek, weefseltechnologie, implantaten, medicijnafgifte, medicijndragers zoals mRNA polyplexen en polymeer-medicijn conjugaten.