Manager Research & Development
We have an exciting job opportunity in heading our Research and Development department. As Manager R&D, you are leading a team of around 15 highly educated and motivated professionals and trainees. The team is involved in all aspects of the development process, from synthesis and characterization of novel polymers, from innovative ideas to final upscaling and validation of quality controlled manufacturing processes.
Your responsibilities and challenges
It is your responsibility to manage all facets of the R&D department:
- Ensuring that all department output is scientifically sound, compliant with standards for quality, environment and safety and conforming agreements with the customer
- Create synergy by sharing, proper archiving and re-use of internally developed knowledge
- Ensuring an effective collaboration with the other departments within PolyVation and with your customers
- Partake in the Management Team
- Keeping track on innovations in the field and explore and implement them when appropriate
- Responsible for all personnel affairs, including coaching, appraisal and hiring
- Enable a pleasant and productive working atmosphere
- Financial responsibility for department and project budgets
- Final responsibility for all R&D facilities and equipment
- Participate in acquisition activities and responsible for the technical and scientific part of project proposals
- Applications for development grants
For this role we are looking for a passionate polymer chemist with strong managerial skills. You possess at least the following competencies:
- PhD degree in polymer chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent
- Familiar with leading polymer manufacturing technologies in the area of biomedical polymers, and their physical and chemical analytical test methods
- Curious to new developments in the field and able to bridge those to our own practice
- Keen on critical details, while keeping distance to keep track on headlines
- Enthusiastic leader, a source of inspiration for your team, embracing teamwork and collaboration
- Engaged with your team, also beyond the professional interactions
- Able to evaluate and improve internal procedures and processes
- Able to work with patents: finding, reading and writing
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Proficient in English and Dutch (or willing to learn Dutch within reasonable time)
- Relevant experience in industry: life sciences and/or chemistry (at least 8 years)
- Relevant experience in a (project)management role
- Strong affinity with quality, GxP experience is a plus
We work in a modern and quality-driven environment, laid out according to ISO 13485 and GMP (ICH Q7) guidelines. Our R&D facilities and production areas are well equipped for all kinds of chemistries with state-of-the-art reactor lines ranging from a few liters to hundred(s) of liters in size. We work with a multitude of polymer purification technologies.
You will work in a team of professionals and in close collaboration with colleagues from the manufacturing, analytical and quality assurance departments. We report in English and communicate in both Dutch and English. We are offering a pleasant and informal working environment with friendly and helpful colleagues.
Send your motivation and resumé (CV) to email@example.com, addressed to dr. Hans van der Aa with reference to 'MRD 2304'. More information on the vacancy can be obtained by contacting Hans van der Aa using the contact form of this website.